Marshalled List of Amendments for 17th June Lords Committee Stage Debate
This post is just to track the amendments which will be discussed in the Lords Committee Stage Debate of the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill 2013 on 17th June 2013. The complete document is available here and the bill they are amending is here. This "marshalled list" supersedes the daily lists I have previously referred to.
There are 59 amendments listed and this list is still "under construction" (I'm sorry, you'll have to imagine the little animated workman gif).
- Marriage -> Union
- "Marriage (same sex couples)"
- Exempting Priests
- Prevention of Depriving Appointments to Public Office
- Register of Religious Groups NOT opting-in
- Protecting belief in "traditional marriage"
- Protecting belief in "traditional marriage": Public authorities
- Right to choose basis of marriage
- Not compelling agreement
- No Idea
- No liability for disagreement
- Equality Duty Exemptions
- Exemptions for equality in provision of public services
- Protection for discrimination in offering of blessings
- Conscientious Objection
- Meaning of 'Compel'
- Meaning of 'compel' No 2
- Protection for beliefs about marriage
- Defining relevant person to give consent to a place of worship offering marriage of same sex couples